- “The amount of antioxidants that you maintain in your body is directly proportional to how long you will live.” – Richard Cutler, M.D. – Director Anti-Aging Research, National Institute of Health (NIH)
- “Scientists now believe that free radicals are causal factors in nearly every known disease, from heart disease to arthritis to cancer to cataracts. In fact, free radicals are a major culprit in the aging process itself. By controlling free radicals, antioxidants can make the difference between life and death, as well as influence how fast and how well we age.” - Lester Packer, Ph.D. – Head of Packer Labs at the University of California, Berkeley. Dr. Parker is regarded as the world’s foremost antioxidant research scientist.
ARE YOUR SUPPLEMENTS WORKING?
Know now for the first time with a simple scan!
The PHARMANEX BIOPHOTONIC SCANNER measures ANTIOXIDANTS, the first line of defense against disease. It gives you an ability you’ve never had before – with a personalized Skin Carotenoid Score (SCS). This score is a general indication of your overall antioxidant status. You now can measure your progress to improve your antioxidant defense system.
WHAT’s YOUR SCORE?
If you would like to find out your own Score please contact us. If you are a Health Practitioner in New England we’d come to your office for a demonstration or to provide this service for your clients. Please call
“THE ULTIMATE NUTRITIONAL LIE-DETECTOR” (Dr. Oz)
Watch a segment with Dr. Oz on anti-oxidants and how the “Ultimate Nutritional Lie-Detector” assists to evaluate our status quo and track nutritional changes.
The PHARMANEX BIOPHOTONIC SCANNER is changing
the World of Supplementation.
Revolutionary — The first of its kind, the unique Nobel Prize winning Raman Spectroscopy technology behind the development of the Pharmanex BioPhotonic Scanner is becoming recognized in the scientific community.
Clinically Proven — In addition to more than eight years of scientific research and study, new research shows that Pharmanex BioPhotonic Scanner technology is clinically proven to be a tremendous indicator of the body’s complete antioxidant network.
Patented — The Pharmanex BioPhotonic Scanner is globally protected by many key patents. The first key patent was issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office on March 20, 2001.
Noninvasive — Scanning with the Pharmanex BioPhotonic Scanner measures only a small portion of the palm of the hand, making the scanner a noninvasive, practical method for testing that is suitable for every age.
Results in Minutes — Once an individual has placed their hand on the Pharmanex BioPhotonic Scanner, it’s only minutes before their SCS is revealed.
RESOURCES for your own RESEARCH:
- Biophotonic Scanner by Pharmanex
- Recorded conference call with Dr. Chang - head scientist of Pharmanex, last 10 minutes are a short business overview
- Recorded conference call with Dr. Bartlett from Nuskin with research on the latest anti-aging technology, last 8 minutes are a summary of costs for getting your own scanner.
- Recorded conference call with Dr. Stephen Moore, DC about the Science behind Pharmanex.
- For dentists: Recorded conference call with Dr. Jaqueline Russo, RN, DDS about the scanner technology and specific dental studies.
QUESTIONS and ANSWERS:
- What is the BioPhotonic Scanner?
The Pharmanex BioPhotonic scanner is a cutting-edge tool that measures your Skin Carotenoid Score (SCS). Research has shown a positive correlation between SCS and healthy lifestyle factors. Once you receive your SCS you can make improvements and periodically track the effects of lifestyle changes such as increased fruit and vegetable consumption, weight management, smoking cessation and nutritional supplementation including LikePak Nano and G3. The scanner is a powerful tool to help motivate people to maintain healthy lifestyle choices and improve antioxidant nutrition.
- What are Free Radicals?
Each day we are exposed to free radicals – unstable molecules that steal or “scavenge” electrons from other molecules. Exposure to free radical activity is a natural part of life, but in today’s world it’s possible to become overexposed and experience greater consequences of free radical damage. Environmental pollution, unbalanced diets, preservatives and additives in food, and physical and mental stress introduce free radicals to your body. When left unchecked, free radical damage to your cells accumulates and can lead to serious health concerns later in life. In fact, free radical damage can cause premature aging and is a large factor in the deterioration of health over time.
- What is Free Radical Damage?
A good example of free radical damage is an apple that has been exposed to the air. If you cover one half of the exposed apple with lemon juice (lemon contains the antioxidant vitamin C) it is protected from oxidative damage (free radical damage) and does not darken. The half that doesn’t have any protection turns brown, which indicates oxidation, or free radical damage – that ultimately causes the apple to decay. Just as free radicals are responsible for the decay of an apple, free radicals are also responsible for damage to tissues and cells in our bodies. Just as antioxidants are able to protect an apple from oxidation by free radicals, antioxidants can lend protection in our bodies.
- Antioxidants Block Free Radicals
Antioxidants are abundant in fruits and vegetables. They are often responsible for the bright colors we see in produce, including reds, purples, yellows and oranges. A healthy diet is imperative to delivering antioxidants to our tissues, however the eating habits of many people do not allow for adequate intake of antioxidants. Research suggests additional sources of antioxidants may provide added protection against free radical exposure.
- What Are Carotenoids?
Carotenoids are an important category of antioxidants; they are primarily responsible for the reds, oranges and yellows we see in fruits and vegetables. In our bodies non-carotenoid antioxidants rely on carotenoids to defend and replenish themselves, so that they can continue their cell-protective work. Research suggests that skin carotenoid levels measured with the Pharmanex BioPhotonic Scanner correlate with, and are a good indication of the body’s overall antioxidant defense system.
- What is Raman Spectroscopy?
The technology of the Pharmanex BioPhotonic Scanner is based on an optical method known as Resonance Raman Spectroscopy, which has been used for many years in research laboratories. Only recently has Raman Spectroscopy been adapted to measurements in living tissue. Sir C.V. Raman won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1930 for his discovery of Raman Light Scattering.
The Biophotonic Scanner by Pharmanex allows to measure reliable and reproducible anti-oxidant scores in a simple, quick and non invasive way.
- You Are What You Eat…Or Rather You Are What You Absorb
Antioxidants from the foods you consume are incorporated into cells and tissues. The greater your consumption of antioxidant-containing fruits and vegetables, the higher the concentration found in your tissues. The BioPhotonic Scanner measures the concentration of antioxidant carotenoids found in the tissues of your hand, as an indicator of antioxidant status. Once the reflected light is collected from your hand by the BioPhotonic Scanner, the data is transferred to the computer where it is converted into a Skin Carotenoid Score (SCS) which is represented by a number on a color scale of red (low) to high (blue).
- What Do Your Results Mean?
Dietary habits, lifestyle, supplementation and genetics can each affect scanner scores. Research has shown a positive correlation between SCS and healthy lifestyle factors such as:
• High consumption of fruits and vegetables
• Fit living, including exercise and appropriate body fat
• Not smoking
• Integrating well formulated antioxidant supplements into your routine
• Limiting your exposure to the sun and free radicals
- How Can I Improve My Score?
• Consume at least nine to twelve servings of fruits and vegetables each day
• Consume deeply colored fruits and vegetables with at least five grams of healthy fats per meal to aid in proper absorption of fat soluble nutrients
• Lose excess body fat. Try to maintain a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 25 or less
• Quit smoking, avoid second-hand smoke, pollution and other toxins
• Limit sun exposure and use sunscreen
• Take well formulated nutritional supplements (such as LifePak or LifePak Nano twice a day)
• Enjoy g3 Superfruit Blend daily, especially enjoyed by kids together with Jungamals (chewables)
• Take Marine Omega twice daily. (LifePak Nano is a complete program and has Marine Omegas included).
- WHICH PRODUCTS ARE GUARANTEED TO IMPROVE MY SCORE?
- LifePak Nano – latest nanotechnology incl. Marine Krill Omega 3 oils
- The entire LifePak family (LifePak Women, LifePak Prime for seniors, LifePak Prenatal, etc.)
- The new Eye-Formula with lutein
- g3 Superfruit
- Jumgamals – children chewables
NuSkin/Pharmanex is so convinced of the quality of these products that they offer a Full Money Back Guarantee if the next scanner reading is not improved.
(products need to be ordered on ADR – Autom. Delivery Rewards program – for at least 2 months)
HOW TO ORDER and SAVE MONEY:
1. Just ORDER products: Go to website here, then to “Order”
(Don’t forget your “ADR savings” option and please mention sponsoring distributor ID # US1194794 – Faye Brandmaier)
If you got a scanner reading recently add your 12 digit scanner card number with your order.
- order at wholesale and save 25%
- no sign-up fee
- order with ADR (Automatic Delivery Rewards) and get additional 20% in Reward Points!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
home office phone 207-772-7888
Please also check out NOURISH THE CHILDREN, a Nuskin initiative to donate food for children in need. Our Pharmanex scientists consulted with a world expert in child malnutrition to formulate VitaMeal in order to offer an ideal food solution. VitaMeal contains 25 vitamins and minerals, and a balance of carbohydrates, protein, fat, and fiber. Each bag contains 30 child meals.
— This is a Nu Skin Independent Distributor produced website to provide innovative wellness models for anti-aging and philanthropy. We integrate antioxidant scanning, as well as supporting products for general well being. Contributors and participants on this website may profit from the sales of the products recommended herein. —